Monday, January 16, 2012

Get Well Soon

Here is a card I made for a friend at work.

I made my envelope using Kraft paper. Added a Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles. I added some flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid. The bow I made using ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and my Bow Easy.

001 (Small)

For my image I used one of the older Magnolia stamps, Bandage Tilda, and colored her with Copics. I used Core’dinations cardstock for my card base and my Picot circles. The Designer paper is from the new Basic Grey 6 x 6 Kissing Booth collection.

002 (Small)

Here is a close up of her.

003 (Small)

The colors I used to color Tilda with are as follows:

  • Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, R12
  • Bandages: E43, E42, E41, E40
  • Clothes: R89, R59, R39, B99, B97, B95, B93, B91
  • Shoes: E25, E23, E21
  • Hair: E37, E23, E18
  • Wings: Ranger Stickles 

A close up of the flowers.

004 (Small)

I needed a tiny Get Well Soon to fit in the Spellbinders Standard Circles Large so I created it on the computer.

005 (Small)

Now, the inside. I used Chef Edwin. The dishwasher is a piece of clip art I found on the internet. I added some white glistening snow ‘stuff’ from my stash. When I put it on it was white but when it dried it was all glitter.

007 (Small)

Here is a close up of Edwin with his ‘suds’. They do kind of look like soap bubbles …..

006 (Small)

I colored Edwin with the following Copics:

  • Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, R12
  • Clothes: N8, N6, N5, N4, N3, N2, N1
  • Utensils: C4, C0, Y23
  • Dishwasher: E42, E41, E40, R39

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and visiting!

20 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Stephanie.............Very cute card!!!! I just love that bandaged up Edwin you have on the front. He just always makes me smile. I did him up on a bandaid box a while back and he is just fun to use!! I see that you had fun using him it shows in your work!!
hugs....

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Stephanie, this is just tooo cute! You've used Edwins so well here. Your coloring is gorgeous and the matching envelope is a delight.

By mistake I deleted your comment on my blog...would you have the time to make another comment?

Hugs Barb <><

Lisa T said...

Very pretty! I love the picot edge die.

Elle said...

What a wonderful get well card! Anyone would be tickled pink to receive this!

Paper Tails said...

What a great card! Wonderful get well card.

Karen

Kelly Neis said...

How cute, I haven't seen Edwin in a bandage before he is adorable. I love the theme of your card, get well and then make some great food so you feel better. Your card is really cute and who ever receives it will definitely feel better.

syllie said...

A beautiful get well card Stephanie. I think the person who will receive this card is feeling better right away.
xxxSylvia

Linda Palmer said...

Adorable get well card. I love this card, the way you put it together and the coloring.

julieprice3 said...

How sweet! I love the bandaged Edwin ,you can't help but want to hug him. Beautiful card inside and out
Hugs Julie P

Frances said...

Lovely card, so sweet, Thanks for sharing, hugs, Frances.

Cricket said...

Great card. Love that you used plum.

Kim said...

Very Cute card!!Love all the details and your coloring is great!! TFS!!
Hugs, Kim

EnblogSail said...

Sooo adorable! And I love the colors!
Caryl

cabio's craft corner said...

Stephanie, it's a delightful card and love the coloring on both images. Well done on both front & inside :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Pam said...

This is so stinkin' cute. Love the colors you used and your coloring is FAB.
Hugs...Pam:)

Gail said...

Very cute get well card! Your coloring and choice of papers is outstanding. Another beautiful masterpiece! Hugs, Gail

Cathy Lee said...

Sweet card, Stephanie! Awesome coloring on your Edwins and love the envelope too. It makes a very nice finishing touch.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Pen to Paper said...

Oh how cute!!!! Poor Edwin!!! Hope he feels better!

Hugs,

Jackie

Sandy said...

Such a cute card - really like your envelope. Everything looks grand!!
sandy

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation in beautiful colours and lovely details! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at WOC!
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from February 26, 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact hester.stephanie@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

The owner(s) of this blog would like to disclose the following existing relationships. These are companies, organizations or individuals that may have a significant impact on the content of this blog.

Currently designing for:

Stamping Scrapping

Companies that have provided me with free product or images:
Stamping Scrapping
anaRy Designs
Spellbinders
Basic Grey
Scor-Pal

Digital Delights

La La Land Stamps

JustRite Stamps

Woodware Stamps

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin