Well,it’s a House Mouse day for me today. I just received my House Mouse of the Month stamp from Stamping Scrapping and just had to ink it up. Cindy did an easel card the other day and you can see it here. I got my inspiration from her and had to use some of my new toys that I purchased from her store.
My card fits into the following challenges:
- Papertake Weekly – sketch
- Quirky Crafts – summer (ice cream is all about summer!!)
- ABC Challenge – W is for weather (you have ice cream when it’s hot!)
- Our Creative Corner – Decorate the corners
- Stamp Something – Happy (who isn’t happy when they have ice cream?)
- Crafty Catz - Embossing
One of these days I will get used to my new camera and figure out how to properly portion things so please bear with me! This is actually a 6 x 6 easel card although it does look a little smaller at the top. I used the July Stamp of the Month. Isn’t it just so cute?!
For my image I used the following Copics:
- Big mouse – E99, E97, E95, E00, R20
- Little mouse with tongue – E77, E74, E71, R20, E00
- Bouncy mouse – E29, E27, E25, E00, R20
- Ice cream cone – R21, R01, R000, E53, E51, E50
I also added some Ranger Stickles to the ice cream but you can’t see them in the pic.
For my paper I used the Core-dinations Chocolate Box collection. I am so easy to please because I love everything but this stuff is cool. All of the pages in this collection are brown on one side (thus the chocolate) and on the back side is a different color and this one has pink. My other papers are DCWV.
For my embossing I used the Cuttlebug Scrollwork Embossing folder. I then sanded the cardstock with this great little sanding block only available at Stamping Scrapping. It’s great because when it gets gunked up with dust you just run it under water to clean it off and go again! I traced my Large Oval Nestie for my center and then carefully cut it out and left the swirls in place.
OK, that’s it for now. I hope to be back later with another post but will have to wait and see. I have a couple of days off of work and just want to create!!