Today I would like to show you a male card that I made. There are many wonderful images at Make it Crafty that can be used for making male cards. I think we all struggle after working with the lovely female images adding flowers, ribbons, pearls and such so when it comes to a male card they always look so bare.
There are many ways to make a male card stand out and be just as handsome as the female cards.
For this card I used Gnomer Peter.
I created the card using browns, yellows, oranges and greens. A perfect color combination for a male card.
Here are a few ideas that can be used for male cards
- Twine - so many colors available but if only white is available it can be colored to any color with inks
- Buttons - all shapes and sizes add a little bit of decoration
- Pop dots - adds dimension and gives depth to the creation
- Brads - A great embellishment, use on male cards as pearls are used on female cards
- Frantage - Using white or an aged copper gives a distressed look
- Inks - adding inks to the edges of the papers gives an aged look
- Distressing - roughing up the edges is a great idea
There are many more embellishments and techniques that can be used to create a male card. I hope that I have given you some inspiration to give it a go.
Make it Crafty Products
Copics - E25, E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, N8, E49, E47, E44, E59, E39, E23, YR27, Y38, Y17, YR21, Y28, G29, G24, G12, W1, W0, W00, N9, N7, N5, N3
Thanks for stopping by and visiting.