My grandson, Skylar, celebrates his 8th birthday soon so I made him a birthday card. I found several challenges to help my inspiration. Since the list is rather long I will list them first.
- Creative Card Crew – Male card
- Cards for men – Party
- Craft your passion – Buttons
- Simon Says Stamp & Show – polka dots (paper)
- Stamp with fun – sketch
- Cuttlebug spot - childrens games
- The Crazy Challenge – buttons
- Simon Says – 3 items – brads, buttons, punch/die cuts
- Cute Card Thursday – 3 of anything – 1 image, 2 pieces of ribbon, 3 brads
- Charisma – Numbers
- All Sorts – male
- Tellen’s place – Polka dots
- Delightful Sketches – Celebration
So, here is my card.
My background paper strips are basic grey and the Bingo is Core’dinations. To impress the Bingo on my paper I used my Tim Holtz Texture Fade Bingo and ran it through my Big Shot. I sanded it using my trusted sanding block from Stamping Scrapping. Man, that block last a long time and it’s even washable!! Then I made a tag using my Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio and stamped Happy Birthday in Memento Tuxedo Black. I added some brads and buttons to the card. I cut the 8 out using my Cricut and Doodletype cartridge.
I always keep the rubber from my stamps that I trim and added some of that behind Edwin and the 8 to lift it off the card. This works great to use for dimension.
- Skin – E13, E11, E00, E000, R21, R20
- Clothes – B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, YG25, YG13, YG00, YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93
- Shoes and hair – E37, E35, E33, E31
For the 8 I threaded a long piece of ribbon through both holes and hooked the rubber to it on the back. At first I was going to have Edwin hold it in front of him but then you couldn’t see his cute little outfit so I decided to put it over head, kind of like a balloon.
The inside of the card uses the same patterened paper as the front and also used a sentiment from Stampin UP.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I love all of your comments and they are very much appreciated!!