Meet Desiree from Make it Crafty. She is one of the adorable ladies from an older collection, 60’s Girlfriends. I felt like coloring a scene today so I used several elements from the Urban collection also from Make it Crafty. Working with the 60’s girlfriends reminds me of being a teenager and this scene brings back memories of those days. Remember boomboxes as they used to be called? You hardly see them anymore and really no reason to with cell phones and iPods.
This is a full picture of my scene. The scene turned out like I imagined but then I didn’t know what to do with it on a card so decided on a clean card with the scene being the focal point. I couldn’t just set the image on the DP so I added woven fibers (and for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called …. ugh) behind the matted scene. It’s still a little plain but there is a lot going on in the scene so just left it as you see it.
I colored my scene with the following Copics:
- Skin – E11, E21, E00, E000
- Hair – E49, E47, E37, E23
- Clothes – E55, E53, E51, E50, BG99, BG96, BG93, BG90, R29, R24, R22
- Chain link fence – C6, C4, C2
- Brick wall – E09, E13, W4, W3, E51, E50
- Sidewalk – W6, W5, W3, W2, W1
- Boombox – T8, T6, T4
I am entering this in the following challenges:
- Digi Haven – anything goes
- Crafting with dragonflies – card for a girl
- Digistamps 4 Joy – to be young again
- Papertake Weekly – anything goes
- Through the Craftroom Door – anything goes
- Color Me Creative Classroom – brown hair
Thanks for stopping by and visiting.